niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

The truth is out there ....

OK, this is a very weird story, and I am going to be deliberately vague here to protect all concerned.

A dear friend of mine, whom I'll call Madame X, claims that two other friends of mine -- and hers -- whom I'll call Monsieur and Madame Y, are going to great lengths to get some incriminating information out of her. Without giving away anything, I'll just say it concerns allegations that she is "playing the system." She says their efforts to get her to incriminate herself occurred at a gathering we all attended and there were many witnesses. I was not one of them, and neither was NiiceDuude. We saw and heard nothing of what she describes.

Madame X believes the Ys were acting at the provocation of another friend of theirs (Madame Z) who reportedly dislikes her and has been known to spread lies about people. I don't know this woman -- met her a couple of times in the past but wouldn't know her today if I fell over her -- so I can't vouch for that.

I've known the Ys for many years, but we're not buddies. They are part of our circle, I've been to their house, Madame Y is in a band with NiiceDuude. But I'm not tight with them; they are friends with a small F.
So maybe they are capable of the kind of behavior Madame X says they engaged in, but I find it hard to believe that ANYONE in our circle would pull something like that. Why would they even care whether Madame X is playing the system, much less take such drastic measures to find out? These are not Rush Limbaugh Republicans who get all righteously indignant about such things; they are lefties like me. For the record, Madame X is NOT playing the system, and they did not get anything to the contrary out of her.

Madame X is a capital F friend, and she has her quirks and rubs some people the wrong way, but I have no reason to believe she is delusional. NiiceDuude thinks she is imagining the whole thing. I'm not sure what or whom to believe.

The only possibility that comes to mind is that the Ys are doing this for Madame Z because she is terminally ill; nobody wants to refuse the wishes of a dying friend. But you'd think a woman on her deathbed would have bigger concerns than trying to "get" someone she dislikes. Just sayin'.

I just hope the truth comes out eventually, because this is putting those of us who like both Madame X and the Ys in a very weird position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home