niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Monday, January 23, 2006

R.I.P. Land of Confusion

One of my favorite online hangouts is no more. It got hijacked by a troll, and the founder/administrator, an awesome guy known as EasyEd, is very busy and not around enough to deal with such unpleasantness. He also threatened some of the members privately, including Ed. So we suggested Ed shut it down. As of today, it's gone.

This was a board that he started in the fall of 2004 for fans of J.R., aka Toxic Jock, after some similar incidents got other boards shut down. It wasn't entirely devoted to J.R. (there was only one J.R. forum), but we fans were the core group and became good cyberfriends -- in some cases, flesh and blood friends as well. And some of us stopped being J.R. fans but still enjoyed hanging out online with the people we met there.

I'll leave my link to it up for a few days so you can see the kind of idiot we were dealing with. All that's left are his threats to Ed, and Ed's reply. Fuckwad.

The good news is: I started a board to replace Land of Confusion, and after one week, we already have eight members, including our Ed. I'm keeping it on the DL so King Troll and other undesirables don't get wind of it, so I won't be linking to it from here. But if you want to check it out, get hold of me by e-mail, YIM or PM at Capital Gold, and I'll give you the URL. It's invitation only, but all you need to score an invitation is to be (a) interested and (b) not an asshole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home