niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

New Year's resolutions revisited

Another great idea copped from a friend's blog! Instead of big, ambitious New Year's resolutions like losing 50 pounds or quitting smoking (I once had a friend who resolved to do that. She was going to quit at the stroke of midnight, then postponed it to midnight on the West Coast. What's next? Quit on Chinese New Year? Jewish New Year?), list the things you want to do in the next year that may not necessarily be life-changing but will add up to make your life better.

I recently came up with another idea: Old Year's resolutions. Think of something you left undone this year and do it in the time remaining, like reconnecting with an old friend, finishing that writing or craft project, seeing that movie everyone talked about.

Anyway, here's my 2006 "wanna-do" list, a work in progress:

Practice guitar at least once a week.
Play music with WB at least twice a month.
Meet RF in person (if we don't get to that in 2005).
Visit the library at least once a month.
Find some interesting low/no-carb recipes.
Get to know Mrs. JB better.
Learn "A Gathering of Spirits."
Learn "Calling All the Children Home."
Create a morris dance to "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for the Tulip Festival.
Sell at least one article or short story.
Call my mom more, and send her pictures.
Save something out of each paycheck.
Get a professional bra fitting.
Resume home brewing.
Finish baby afghans for Michelle and the wee Tell.
Buy a pair of jeans that fits and flatters.
Plant something in my flower bed.
Get new glasses.
Attend doo-wop at least once a month.
Exercise peripheral vision.
Learn all the words to "That's What Friends Are For" (aka Potatoes & Tomatoes)
Buy an Old Songs Brick with "It's a Pleasure to Know You."
Offer something on Freecycle at least once a month.
Try to make someone else's day as often as possible.
Dig out one of the craft supplies I bought years ago (rug braiding kit, copper cross-stitch magnets) and complete a project.
Make dinner (or breakfast, or both) for WB at least once a month.
Host an a cappella sing.

I may not get to them all, but even if I get to only a few, life will be good (not that it isn't now).

OK, fellow bloggers, you know who you are. I showed you mine, now you show me yours!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger The Bean said…

    thanks for adding me to the list NL! I'll add it to mine too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home