niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Phase One of holiday celebration complete

Nowell Sing We Clear and the Threesome's tree-trimming/SyncretistFool'sbirthday party duly attended. It's the big Three-Oh for SF on the 14th. Happy birthday, sweetie!

Today is mine, but no milestone involved. I'm 47, just feeling old.

Coming up: a quiet birthday celebration with me and WB, and next weekend, the Wassail, which is my family Christmas celebration. The following, possibly a quiet celebration with Mr. and Mrs. JB and maybe some other random friends. But as long as I have Nowell and Wassail, my holiday is complete.

Nowell had to have the topical humor, of course. We were waiting for a John Roberts joke in the mummers play. For the uninitiated, one of the guys in the Nowell Sing We Clear troupe is named John Roberts for real.

Tony Barrand in drag: "I'm Harriet Miers."

John (as Father Christmas): "If you're Harriet Miers, I'm John Roberts!"

Good times! Despite the pain of seeing Tony more incapacitated by MS each year. Stings particularly hard this year as on the way home I heard the news that Richard Pryor had succumbed to MS today. R.I.P, R.P.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home