niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Corned beef enchiladas, anyone?

Yes, kids, there is an Irish-Mexican restaurant in beautiful downtown Troylet. It's called Jose Malone's. No, they don't serve corned-beef enchiladas, but being new, they have a very limited, and rather disappointing, IMO, menu. Those who had the beef Guinness stew were not happy about its excessive sweetness. I had the salad and was displeased to find it did not come with cheese (despite the menu saying it did) and no dressing. Basically greens, a few pieces of chicken, tomatoes and carrots. Pico de gallo and cheese dip were good, although being on Atkins, I had to use a fork instead of chips to get any.

But not a total loss, as I got to hang with WB, JB, PB and GDA -- who continues to be awesome and gave me some excellent insights into bipolar folk (extremely charismatic -- check -- big fat liars -- check -- conscience-challeged playas -- check -- who believe their own lies -- probably check). And Jose's had Fuller's ESB on tap, and the brewpub (where we started the evening) had oatmeal stout on special. My tastebuds thank you, my liver thanks you, and my wallet thanks you.

Attempt to get new friends here next weekend is not going well. Digigal is on the fence, RF is unavailable, Mrs. Pi gave me an "I'll think about it" and June C. is MIA. That last one hurts the most, but I have resolved to not let it break my heart if this turns out to be one of those friendships that just fizzles out. I adore her, and it would suck if she doesn't want to be friends anymore, but I will always be grateful she was there a year ago. If not for her, I might be in Four Winds today -- or in the ground.

But I have gazillions of old friends, and they are the bestest people in the world, and a bunch of them will be here next Saturday, and I will have a blast with them even if none of the newbies makes it.

BTW, the folks with whom I have shared the existence of this blog are pretty much the same folks who are invited next weekend. If you are reading this and did not get an invitation, it's probably because I figured you wouldn't be able to attend because of distance, allergies or previous commitments. If you are free, willing to make the drive and can tolerate the three cats, consider yourself invited and e-mail me for directions.

Time to go give Home Depot a bunch of money to make this place suitable for entertaining.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger The Bean said…

    Hey NL, please don't think I'm dissing you b/c I truly am not. I only get to see Jdog every couple of months and it breaks my heart.

    Know I'm there in spirit at your party and a day at the old bookstore sounds like a blast!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger niicelaady said…

    Oh dear. Where did you get that I felt you dissed me? I was disappointed that you have a previous commitment -- as I am that some other friends, old and new, can't make it -- but I certainly don't feel dissed. We'll hook up some other time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home