niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I need to take some action

Listening to yesterday's podcast this morning, I found myself feeling far too much glee at hearing TJ dissing Marcia, and far too much distress at hearing them make up in the next hour.

I continue to ask myself: Why? I DON'T WANT the bastard. She can have him. But a big part of me wants to see the relationship crash and burn, wants to see her passive-aggressive little heart get shattered once again. I don't like this feeling, nor do I understand it. She is my sister. We both got our hearts broken by TJ once upon a time. I don't want to wish her ill. So why do I?

I know I need to move on, but I can't seem to. I think what I need to do is take some concrete action, something more than trying to tell myself to move on. Because that isn't working.

Moving out of this place will help a lot. It was while living here I lost many good friends: Sam, Linda, Shaka, Mona, Pumpernickel. It was here I lost my grip on reality. It is time to start over.

I'm thinking a housewarming of sorts once I get settled in the new place. Perhaps with a little "one-woman show" in which I sing a song or two, recite some words, receive some hugs and finally purge what's left of this unhealthy fixation from my soul.

I dearly hope I can persuade my new friends to attend: June C., RF, Digi, and Mrs. Pi, the ones who truly understand. And of course, the old friends who stayed with me through the worst of it.

Meanwhile, I have found some new podcasts to listen to at work. I can still handle TJ in small, relatively Marcia-free doses; today's show cracked me up like old times. But it's nice to have alternatives.

Tentatively thinking Nov. 19 for the aforementioned housewarming/soul-purging. Who's there?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger The Bean said…

    hey NL - you don't need to worry about them - you'll be okay?

    I was gone last week - what were they fighting about this time?

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger niicelaady said…

    Aw, just petty stuff -- she was stressed out from the Florida trip.

    Speaking of Florida trips, how was yours? And happy birthday! Did you get my e-card? I remembered the first part of your e-mail address but drew a blank on the second, so I guessed hotmail (sounded vaguely familiar).

    Housewarming is Nov. 19 at my new home in beautiful downtown Schuylerville. You and Mr. RF are most definitely invited. I'm thinking we may have a ritual smashing of the You Know Who bobblehead as my purging exercise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home