niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Thanks a lot, Eddie!

Speshul Ed has been catching mice! I have caught him with two in the past week. Don't ask me where he found them. I have seen/heard no evidence of meeces in the house -- no turdlets, no squeaks, no scratches, only that low growl from Eddie that I've learned means "I have a mouse in my jaws."

So Ed is a mouser after all, despite his previous owners' belief that he didn't have what it takes. That's the good news. The bad news is, I think the rodent invaders have graced us with itty-bitty fleas. I mean tiny, way smaller than those I used to find even on Mona during bad flea seasons. After an alert from an itchy WB (I have no symptoms myself), I combed Rozita and found some wee specks that I would never have pegged as fleas had I not seen them move.

So this means sprays and drops and medicated soaps and serial quarantining are in our immediate future (stay OUT of the bedroom, Rozita! Off the couch, Ed!) and maybe a bomb after I've moved the bulk of my stuff (and the cats) to Schuylerville.

More good news: I have officially entered the 21st century! Yes, Virginia, I have a DVD player. Still haven't figured out all the ins and outs of making it do its thing(s), but I can play DVDs at least!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger The Bean said…

    yuk! I feel for you about those fleas - good luck!

    when is your big move date?

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger niicelaady said…

    Don't have one yet. Sometime in October probably, when the new carpets have been installed. I'll be moving stuff over there piecemeal before I actually move me, the furniture and the cats.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home