niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

A most excellent Gasp

Maybe not in my top 5 but still pretty damn good. Made a new friend: the lovely and talented GDA, whom I will forgive for making single-malt scotch available to mix with my beer and causing me a nasty hangover on Sunday. He didn't pour it down my throat, after all! Lots of good singing, excellent JB chow, phenomenal WB omelets. The guitar stayed in the case, but that's OK. When it comes to the Pickin' and Singin' Gatherin', two out of three ain't bad.

Solidarity Singers gig on Monday went well also, although I think the hip-hoppers siphoned off a lot of our audience, which was spread out more than normal due to the geography of the place, and we had some weird sound issues. But when have we ever NOT had weird sound issues?

I have three blessed days off and a ton of work to do, but also a ton of fun to be had (tugboat sing Friday -- yaay!).

Rozita escaped yesterday but was home shortly after dark last night none the worse for wear. I was worried for a while since she had never been out and her timid genes are still dominant. It was Ed who coaxed her back inside after Mindy showed her the way.

Notes to self:

Bring more money to Solidarity gigs in order to more freely partake of the bumper stickers, buttons etc. WB needs a "bring the troops home" yellow ribbon but I didn't have enough cash to get two.
Find a sturdier tent with decent zippers.
Never attend a festival without Anacin.
Never mix beer and scotch.
Always remember how lucky I am to have so many awesome friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home