niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Color me Wobbly

My IWW membership materials came in the mail today. Pretty impressive considering I only mailed the application a week ago. Yay USPS!

Someone needs to explain to me why the membership card is way too big to fit in a standard wallet. How can I be a card-carrying member when there's no place to carry the card? Oh, I get it: I'm supposed to carry it in the pocket of my overalls with my Little Red Songbook. But I rarely wear overalls, so I guess I'll have to carry it in my checkbook. Which sorta goes against the union's anti-capitalist ideology. Geez, overanalyze much?

Because I feel no need to organize either of my workplaces, where I am treated very well, I feel like a bit of a poseur (poseuse?). But as I said in an earlier post, my meager financial and substantial spiritual contribution to the IWW go toward improving conditions for those who truly are suffering. I look forward to making some small difference.

RG, a longtime Wobbly with whom I discussed IWW matters at length recently, is not aware of this blog's existence, but I send him a message of solidarity and support. Dear, give your body and your brain a break when they need it, but let your spirit, which is not vulnerable to physical ills, keep up the good fight.

Solidaridad por siempre.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home