niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Wanted: Some incompetent baggage handlers ...

... to help me lose mine. They do it for the airlines all the time, and I could stand to get rid of some of my emotional baggage.

Over the past couple of years the load has gotten very heavy, and I have no one to blame but myself ... OK, maybe Toxic Jock for some of it, the bastard. But I bought those bags and packed them, and lately it seems as if every time WB does or says something the least bit negative or critical, I unpack the whole lot, and it gets very messy.

We went through this once before, about eight years ago, and it did pass. I hope this does too, because it is a very uncomfortable and oppressive way to live.

In other news: StewBoss wanted to know today if I would consider staying on the payroll, working a couple of days a month on the assumption that I'll be back next summer. Corporate doesn't like people jumping on and off the payroll.

Fact is, I really don't WANT to be back next summer, but somehow I'm tempted by the idea of working that extra couple of days every month, especially if they could be Fridays and during the day. And they do need help in the summer, and the extra money comes in handy, and I can start after GGG, quit before Last Gasp and get Champlain weekend off, as I did this year. I told her I'd think about it. This is me thinking about it...

Saw one of my ex-students today, a cute little 7th grader who is now a not-so-little 9th grader. As WB would say, see what happens when you keep feeding them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home