niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

That is the new pseudonym for Toxic Jock's significant other, not that I expect to have much use for it here. But he seems to mention her with such frequency that it brings out my inner Jan Brady and my "beautiful bean footage" reflex. For those not in the know, "Roll that beautiful bean footage" (tm Jay Bush) is the new "Shut the fuck up!"

Why? I don't want to have what she's having. I don't feel punched in the gut or slapped in the face every time I hear her name, as I did that first time. I guess it's because I bonded with her, every mention of her feels like another invalidation of all I went through re TJ. Now it's not only him ignoring all the hell I went through; it's her, too, even though she shared and sympathized with my pain at one time.

I so need some Vitamin R.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home