niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

They moved through the fair ...

... and then they moved on to StewFart's – EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM who went to the Washington County Fair, it seems, came through the store tonight. I know our ice cream is cheaper than what's sold at the fair, but you'd think they'd all be so filled up on fried dough and funnel cakes and sausage and peppers to even think about ice cream. Wrong!

So Julie and I were so busy waiting on customers that we didn't get to the usual pre-closing shit until after closing, which got us out of there at 12:30. At least we'll be paid for it, but if I am going to be working there next summer I am glad that the fair comes but once a year. I thought the entire Schuylerville Little League stopping in for ice cream all at once was a bitch; Saturday night of fair week is a Great Dane/wolf hybrid bitch with a litter of 12 puppies!

I will definitely be staying on the payroll through the winter, with who knows what happening in the summer. I need to find new housing and actually -- dum dum DAHHHH -- pay rent, so I can use the extra money. And StewBoss has no problem with my working two days a month, and both those days being Fridays, and hours being daytime, so it won't interfere with my weekends.

Monday I will be checking out a 2BR first-floor flat in beautiful downtown Schuylerville, downstairs from where Julie lives (but won't be for long). The price is right (just a teensy bit over the recommended 25 percent of monthly take-home pay), the location rocks and the landlord has no problem with the three cats.

Body and brain are fried, so not much more to say tonight. I'll be back.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home