niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

I hate staying out late on "school nights," but ...

... tonight was worth it! Pokingbrook Morris banquet moved to Sunday from its usual Saturday because of conflicts with other stuff going on in the music/dance community, including the kickass Johnson Girls concert WB and I attended last night.

Highlights: singing "Happy Birthday" to CB's voice mail. She's 21 -- yaay! Squire Emeritus' "award" to WB: underwear and socks! (Backstory: We shared a motel room last spring with The Squire and SE, who inadvertently got dressed in WB's underwear, socks and T-shirt, while WB was in the shower, thinking they were his own.) Young Mr. B. singing the Lord Nelson song. JW's tribute to ForeLady.

Even the food prep was fun, which it isn't always (nothing personal, JB; it's the nature of the beast. It's work!). Even WB had fun! And there was a designated cleanup committee so I didn't have to stay late. If not, I'd probably still be there.

Out of ketosis, though, even though I was careful. No pasta, no crackers, no candy, no cheesecake. Maybe it was the apples in the pumpkin soup. Ah well, tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home