niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Lukewarm turkey

Between the fact that I worked some late hours last week and a certain individual's computer issues that kept new podcasts from being posted, and the fact I can no longer download them in their entirety at work, I have been less exposed to Toxic Jock recently, and this has helped.

I have not totally cut TJ out of my life (see subject line). I still drive home via Saratoga because the signal comes in sooner that way, and I still tune out when he's talking to Marcia. But I find myself revisiting the acute Toxic Jock Syndrome period less and less. And when I do, my thoughts are along the lines of: All those words I hung on and believed every bit of -- so much of it was bullshit! All I have to do is listen to the live spots. Companies he praised to the skies once upon a time have fallen off the radar or have become active dissing targets. Like me.

What is so tragic about no longer being part of his world? The same thing that sucks about being a Baldwin (tm "South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut"): NOTHING!!!!!

If blogspot, like livejournal, had the "current music" option, right about now mine would be Christine Lavin's "What Was I Thinking?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home