niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Five evil words:

"YOUR BROWSER IS NOT SUPPORTED."

I had some problems earlier today trying to post to my blog using my Internet Explorer 5.1. In the course of investigating said problems, I discovered the above. Blogger/Blogspot doesn't support IE5.

Problem seems to have resolved itself (I am currently composing this using IE5). But in the meantime I had to download iCab to get my previous post up.

This has been a GPO (Giant Piss-Off) since Twinkletoze sent me a link to an Onion article that I could not access because Onion's site doesn't support my browser and in lieu of content gave me the evil YBINS page. I've gotten that message before (pbs.org, lookin' at you!) but at least got to see the content.

Memo to Internet gods: Not all of us are made of money, and we are still using older 'puters that will not support OSX, which is what is required to use your beloved Firefox. I am far ahead of where I was two years ago when I was running OS 7.6.1 -- I have cable Internet! Yaay! -- but I am not in a position to drop 2 grand on a Mac running OSX.

We may not be made of money but we still have disposable income, and you are losing revenue in the form of access to your sites and your advertisers by shutting us out. Not to mention the good will. ONION SUCKS! ONION SUCKS! ONION SUCKS! Get my drift?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home