niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Good news!

No, I didn't save a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. State Farm rules!

But I did find out I am eligible for paid holidays. I had no clue. And the last time holidays were an issue, my bookeeping was so facacta that I wouldn't know if I'd gotten holiday pay, as I have direct deposit, a bank that's very forgiving about overdrafts and (at that time) a tendency to float checks a day or two in advance of payday. I was just grateful to see a positive balance.

But I mentioned I was coming in on Friday because I couldn't afford to lose a day's pay (Monday having been a holiday), and R. informed me afterward that she'd found out we are eligible for holiday pay after six months. I've been there 14 months.

I already committed to come in Friday so S. can have the day off. But it will be gravy, at time and a half. And I don't have to work a full shift. Yaay!

Next step: Find out if I'm also eligible for paid vacation days, because I could use a few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home