niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Blue skies! Puppies! Christmas presents! Oh, my!

So to get rid of the sour taste from my previous hissyfit post, here's some nice stuff:

I was delayed getting into work this morning because I was making my famous deviled eggs for our department food day. Which means I actually drove to work in daylight. And the drive was MAGNIFICENT. All the trees were white with frost against a blue sky. We're talking postcard. We're talking calendar. We're talking visual Prozac here, folks.

Last night I met the latest addition to the D&SC family: an adorable little Yorkshire terrier. She was a bitch in every sense of the word when they got her, because her previous owners had let her be the alpha in the family pack. A few lessons in tough love from D&S, and she is a sweetie. She gave me kisses! They are looking for a new name for her; I suggested Star, because she is small and twinkly and her coat shines.

Today we exchanged secret Santa presents at work. I opted out of the Christmas shopping mania a few years ago. It's too stressful, too expensive, and even if I made twice what I make now, I'd never have the money to buy for everyone I'd want to give a gift to, nor do I have the time to make gifts for all of them. But I do participate in the secret Santa thing at work, and I bring a little something to whomever I spend Christmas Day with. GD was my work Santa and gave me a Barnes & Noble gift card, which is my favorite thing to get. I was MW's and gave her a movie lover's gift basket with DVD, which I literally got for a song.

See, I told you this was going to be about blue skies, puppies and Christmas presents. Would I lie?

I feel a rant on the "War on Christmas" thing coming on, but I'll save it for later. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home