niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006!

I survived another New Year's Eve -- relatively sober, even. WB (I think I'm going to start calling him NiiceDuude here, because I can) and I went to First Night in Saratoga again. I wasn't all that psyched because it's cold and crowded, but it ended up being fun.

The good:

Nisky Dixie Cats
Annie and the Hedonists
Al and Kathy Bain
The Parting Glass was serving food and we grabbed dinner there. I hadn't eaten all day and pub grub always hits the spot!
The Glass was still serving when we returned around 10:30 p.m. We split a plate of nachos. Couldn't find the waiter for a second beer, but that's OK. I had beer at home that was already paid for!
Snow in the searchlights made them look all sparkly. Way cool!
Fireworks lighting up the snow
Cool oldies band at the Glass. Watching the dancin' fools. Bumming a smoke from one of them and having a nice chat.
Parking not as bad as some years.

The bad:
Acts we really wanted to see were on opposite ends of town.
Standing in line in the cold to get into Lena's
Hotel pub charging a $10 cover. We declined. If we're going to give a pub $10, that had better cover the first two beers!

The ugly:
Driving home in the worst of the snowstorm.

So obviously G > B&U combined.

Goodbye, 2005, hello 2006! Hope the new year brings good things to all of you who are reading this and all who are close to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home