niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Tale of Two Stinkin' Badges

Sometime during First Night I lost my work ID card -- a combination photo ID and swipe card to get into the building after hours and access security-protected entrances. I thought it might have fallen out of my coat pocket (where I'd put it after removing it from my scarf, where I usually wear it) while at the Parting Glass. I called there but they hadn't seen it.

So I report it lost, fill out the form, get the new (fugly) photo taken and am issued a replacement ID.

Within an hour I get a call at my desk. A nice lady FOUND my old card Saturday night in Saratoga. Near Spa Catholic, so it must have fallen out while I was digging my gloves out of my pocket post-Dixie Cats show.

Twilight Zone moment #1: She works at the school in Glens Falls where my good friend MMB used to be principal. TZ moment #2: She shares my first name. TZ moment #3: She managed to track me down at work even though the ID had the old, pre-merger, now-nonexistent company name.

I almost wish I hadn't gone ahead and gotten the new card, as I'll miss the old one; I had it for eight years, including three when I didn't even work there. But knowing the way the law works in the Twilight Zone, I might not have reconnected with Stinkin' Badge #1 if not for obtaining Stinkin' Badge #2.

Sing it with me: Dee DEE dee dee ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home