niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

NiiceLaady's nice weekend

Sunday evenings can be a downer, since I have to get up early for work in the morning. I like my job, but the getting up part is a bitch!

But I am a happy NiiceLaady this Sunday evening. Yesterday NiiceDuude came up with his guitar and we played music together -- something we haven't done in a long time outside of festivals and such. We used to do gigs pretty regularly but that fell off because of scheduling issues and the status of our duo, Fixation, as the most passive act in folk music. We never pursued gigs, just waited for someone to say, "Hey, there's a new coffeehouse/benefit concert/whatever that needs performers. Wanna play?" We just spent a couple of hours going through some of our old stuff.

Then dinner (can't remember the last time I cooked chicken parmesan!) and some DVDs, then bed, and today the swing band played at General Schuyler's Pantry, as it does every first and third Sunday. NiiceDuude is the drummer, and I sit in and sing along.

Just a nice, pleasant, nonstressful weekend in the company of folks I love, including the one I love to bits. I am still perpetually broke, my car is still having issues, Dubya is still president, but for this moment (furiously knocking on every wooden surface within reach), life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home