niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Lies, damned lies and non-lies - the sequel

To the two who accepted the challenge: Nice work! Especially RadioFanatic, whom I've not known that long and has never met me in person.

1. My mom used to manage a thrift shop. - TRUE.
2. My favorite color is blue. - FALSE. Dusty rose.
3. I sang Vivaldi in my senior voice recital in college. - TRUE. "Laudamus Te" from Vivaldi's "Gloria," a duet (my voice teacher sang the other part).
4. I had an Orphan Annie perm in the '80s. - TRUE. Scary, I know.
5. I took piano lessons for seven years. - FALSE. Only one year, then we moved and no longer had room for the piano.
6. I was a contestant in my state's Junior Miss pageant. - TRUE.
7. My father's name was Edward. - FALSE. His name was Wayne, but his middle name was Edward, so it was sort of a trick question.
8. I've been to Italy. - TRUE. You both missed this one! I spent 10 days there visiting a friend from high school before starting my college foreign study semester in Spain.
9. I have eight grandnieces and grandnephews. - TRUE.
10. I love rare roast beef. - FALSE. Syncretist Fool, ask your dad! It's the only thing he ever cooked for me that I didn't like.

Thanks for playing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home