niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Monday, November 20, 2006

(Just barely) walking wounded

I have a prescription for treatment at the excellent Core Physical Therapy for an issue I won't go into here. I haven't been in some time (mainly a scheduling problem) but have an appointment tomorrow.

I wonder if they can legally ignore the issue I have a prescription for and address a more painful matter.

A few weeks ago my left upper thigh started aching. I probably did something to it while morris dancing. If you don't know what morris is, suffice to say it's not exactly a low-impact workout. This was just a minor pull/strain/whatever that I figured would eventually go away on its own.

Then Friday night (for the record, I was stone sober at the time, this was BEFORE we went to the bar!) I took a nasty tumble on the concrete steps in front of NiiceDuude's porch. Hey, see that little step that's about 2" shorter than the others? I didn't!

I now have a hideous bruise about the size of Rhode Island on my calf, and there's also some swelling and tenderness. And let me tell you, bottling homebrew when it's painful to kneel on the floor is a fun ride indeed!

Then I spent most of Saturday at a morris workshop, which aggravated the muscle thing further north. I'm on the verge of asking MMB to lend me a cane.

Hey, physical therapist folks: Screw the original problem. Can you fix my leg? Or can we get this stem-cell thing off the ground so they can grow me a new one?

Bitch moan complain whine ....

2 Comments:

  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger The Bean said…

    hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger niicelaady said…

    Thanks! PT appointment went well. Apparently I am WAY out of line! (People have been telling me that for years!)

    You two have a great time in Paris! I want a full report when you get back!

    Hugs, NL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home