niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Anal-Retentive's Apprentice

So, the trial run of Operation Organize Chez Jake at Fritz and Jen's wedding was marginally successful. The goal was to reduce the stress on Jake, but he didn't seem any less stressed, and I was much MORE stressed. Although he claims it did help. I am no longer upset about the fact that it didn't go as well as I'd envisioned. I'm processing that and using it to learn from for next time.

Step one: Get a heavy-duty music stand to hold what Tom dubbed the "O-C Book," so it can be more easily seen and referred to. Free surfaces are always in short supply at Chez Jake.

Step two: Have people sign up for kitchen duty instead of trying to assign tasks on the fly, book or no book.

Next project is the morris banquet. That looked as if it might fall apart when Jake found out the grange hall where we held it last year had instituted a no-alcohol policy. Morris dancers without ale? The horror! I found this out last night. But by noon today we had arranged another site, for half the rent. Phew! I was starting to think that this "everything I touch turns to shit" thing was going to be a pattern.

I am learning the value of planning and checklists and delegating. Me, who can't find a pair of socks that match half the time. Thanks, NiiceDuude. Your analness is rubbing off on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home