niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Avast, mateys!

Tuesday, Sept. 19, is International Talk Like a Pirate Day! You know what to do. If something goes wrong, like your computer crashes or you get cut off in traffic, instead of "Shit!" or "Bite me!" just utter a hearty "Arrrrr!" Or maybe "Shiver me timbers and blow me!" Then celebrate with some Captain Morgan.

It's been a while since I posted, mainly because life continues to be crazy -- good crazy. Morris has started again, we've had sick friends to visit (they are recovering, yay!), weddings to attend, a Last Gasp (great as always), Tugboat Roundup, NiiceDuude's swing and Dixieland band commitments, my Solidarity Singers commitments, and of course, work. Remember that? the thing we get paid for?

Fritz and Jennifer asked me to sing at their wedding, which is the weekend after next. A song of my choice to reflect the role of the gathering of friends in their union. I thought about "All the Good People," but while the overall sentiment is nice, the verses are kind of sexist and from a male perspective. So I've decided to go with "Give Yourself to Love" instead.

Speaking of songs, if you have ever been, or know someone who has been, in a relationship with an asshole, go to Christine Lavin's Website: and download a free copy of "Stop Your Sobbing, He's an Idiot (Happy Dance)." There's a "She's an Idiot" version, too. It definitely reminded me of someone *cough*J.R. Gach*cough*.

Things that make me do the happy dance:

NiiceDuude
Abby, Ed and Rozita
Cruising on Lake George with co-workers last week, which I thought would be dull but was actually fun. Even got to sing!
Greg and Ed getting better
Jake's lentil and spinach (frozen!) soup with SNAUSAGES!
Trubble's Catbox:, a forum for survivors of emotional abuse. Who, me? Yeah, me. Read the J.R. posts.

There's more, but that's a start. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home