niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Houston, we have wheels!

Let the record show that Stu Maguire of Schuylerville/Greenwich, NY is the awesomest used-car dealer that ever awesomed. He takes personal checks! He does inspections on site! He handles the DMV paperwork! He had me in a new (well, new to me) car within HOURS, not days. Take THAT, Asshole Car Dealer from Stillwater!

I even named the car -- a 1993 Plymouth Sundance -- after him. She's called Stuball, partly because of him and partly because the song "Stewball" came back into my life this week courtesy of NiiceDuude's old Air Force buddy, Ray from Louisiana. Also, she has this weird paint discoloration thing on the hood that looks a little like a stylized painting of a horse, and "Stewball" is a song about a race horse.

Thanks to Stu, to my awesome friends D&S for the loaner cars, to equally awesome friend Jake for rides, to Jesse the Hooker for towing Betty, and to the First National Bank of Mom and the NiiceDuude Federal Credit Union for the financing. And to my employer for the paid downtime from the fire, which will make the whole post-car-deal cash flow situation a little easier.

We're singing at the Bethlehem Neighbors for Peace picnic this weekend at Grafton Lakes State Park (anyone wanna go? E-mail me for details), and this will give me a chance to score some cool bumper stickers for Stuball; they always have a great selection for sale.

Pictures soon. Too dark now to do her justice. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home