niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Nose newts

The big news: My favorite young family has welcomed its first daughter. Can't wait to meet her and become one of her many, many honorary aunties. Of course, the little bugger arrived about three weeks early, which means I have to shift into overdrive to complete her gift. I can do this.

Was at the grocery store today and parked my cart of bagged and paid-for groceries near a rack of videos to go wait in the humongous customer service line to pay my electric bill. I look over, the cart is gone. Minor panic ensues as this cart contains about $75 worth of stuff -- and the receipt is in one of the bags. And I don't have another $75 to replace it all.

Staff begins a search, goes on the PA to ask everyone to check their carts, and a few minutes later it's found in the produce section. Apparently someone realized it wasn't theirs and just left it. Thank goodness! I was afraid someone packed the bags in their car and drove home, and I'd have to camp out at Hannaford for the afternoon waiting for them to realize they got the wrong stuff and come back.

Reminded me of the end of the Dance Flurry, when I parked my backpack and cooler by an outside door to take to my car, and when I turned around they were gone. Someone had brought them into a back room with the sound equipment. Hello? They're sitting by an OUTSIDE DOOR! To go OUTSIDE! Where did you get the idea, anonymous rescuer of random possessions, that they belonged with the sound stuff? Grrrr....

No, I'm really not still upset about the Flurry incident. Just coming down from the adrenaline rush of almost losing $75 worth of groceries. I'll be OK.

And again, welcome vibes and happy dance for the new munchkin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home