niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

On your Mark...

As a public service for those of you who don't read Twinkletoze's blog, allow me to introduce you to someone to whom she turned me on: San Francisco Chronicle columnist Mark Morford.

This guy is like Dave Barry if Dave took a shot of serious serum and started writing about Vital Social Issues 'n' Stuff (tm Kelly Bundy). He's clever and cheeky and often hysterical but writes about things of more substance than exploding cows and boogers -- not that there's anything wrong with exploding cows and boogers.

Two of my personal favorites are his most recent one about Bush and one from earlier this month about the Canadian seal hunt. A quote from the latter:

Let us all agree right now: Baby harp seals -- those doe-eyed sausagelike bundles of puffy white blubber -- are just phenomenally, face-meltingly cute. So adorable and so helpless and so sweet-looking it's like God took Bambi and sawed off all his legs and put him in a white fluffy parka and crossbred him with a puppy and a cherub and a Marshmallow Peep and tossed him out onto the Arctic ice to pose for Polar Baby Gap. I mean, *cute.*

Seriously, check this dude out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home