niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Things that rock

NiiceDuude.

McEwan's Scotch Ale, which NiiceDuude brought over last night.

Weird lady in Cumberland Farms this morning who called me Agnes. At least she didn't call me Shirley. ;-)

Time Warner Cable, which had a tech here within an hour this morning to check out my spotty Internet connection.

"Brokeback Mountain." I had to watch it twice to get the full impact, as when I watched it Friday I was tired and not tracking well. Watched it again Saturday and ... Ang Lee was robbed at the Oscars!

George Dubya owes me 97 bucks. George P. owes me almost $400. Woohoo! This is the first time in years that I haven't owed, so I expected I'd owe a couple of hundred again this year. Had I known I had refunds coming I'd have filed in January and probably have the $$$ by now. Oh well....

Things that don't rock but it's all good:

I need a new VCR. Turns out the problem I was having with the remote isn't in the remote (I bought a universal and that didn't work either) but with the remote sensor in the unit itself. I'll be going shopping on Tuesday, after I get paid.

"Good Night, and Good Luck." Of all the movies in the last Oscar race, this was the one NiiceDuude really wanted to see. We were so bored we turned it off about halfway through and watched something that makes a political statement but is actually entertaining: "South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut." Yes, NiiceDuude is no longer a "South Park" virgin. Which actually belongs under "things that rock."

And to all a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home