niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Monday, April 17, 2006

All Hail Jake, the Great White Hunter!

OK, I decided it's kind of silly to keep calling him by his initials here, since he uses his real first name in his own blog, which I have a link to.

Anyway, most of you know that I am afraid of spiders. I can deal with the little ones -- I just squish them -- and even the big ones are cool if they are not (a) on my person or (b) in my house. But if I find one larger than an inch in diameter in either of the above locations, I freak out.

So ... last night I reach into a dresser drawer for a sweatshirt, and something CRAWLS on me. I grab the shirt and run screaming from the room. It's dark so I don't actually see what it is until the next morning, when I find the VERY LARGE SPIDER CORPSE on the floor by the dresser. OK, so she's dead. But what if she left her FAMILY in there? Don't spiders die after they lay mass quantities of eggs?

NiiceDuude is out of state. I am afraid to open my freakin' dresser. In case you're wondering, I did manage to open one drawer far enough to get underwear; the rest of my clothes for the day were in the closet.

So even though he spent many hours here yesterday feeding me a delicious Easter dinner, I summon Jake back here tonight. We hit a couple of plastic bags with Raid, stuff all the clothes from the dresser into them for laundering later, take the drawers outside, spray the bejabbers out of them, do same with the dresser itself. By the way, we did not find any more spiders or egg sacs, but I did not want to be alone if there had been any to find.

Yes, I am a big wuss. But a big wuss with friends who are willing to indulge my wussiness.

And for anyone comparing creepy-crawly bug posts, I am not trying to compete with Twinkletoze, whose bug story is a LOT ickier. Just giving GWH Jake his due.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger niicelaady said…

    Mrs. Pi, you are a sick woman! No wonder I like you so much.

    I know spiders eat bad bugs, and that's a good thing. I just want them to do it OUTSIDE.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home