niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Good news, bad news, TOTALLY AWESOME NEWS!!!!

The bad news first: My Eddie escaped Saturday and I have not seen him since. It's his first escape since we moved into the village, and I can't imagine he'd go far. Last time he escaped, he wasn't gone long, but there is a lot more to explore here. I'm not giving up hope; I've asked his guardian angel kitties, Mindy and Pumpernickel, to look out for him and guide him home. They haven't failed me yet.

The good news: The company where I've been working as a temp for the past 18 months (and was a regular employee from 1995-2001) has finally offered me a permanent position. With bennies, paid sick and vacation time, opportunities for raises and all that good stuff.

Speaking of raises, THAT is the awesome news. My change in status comes with an ENORMOUS pay increase! I won't divulge the amount here, but let's just say it is a number well into the four figures.

Allow me to do what I couldn't do at work because it would be unprofessional:

WOO-FUCKING-HOO! MO' MONEY! MO' MONEY! MO' MONEY!

OK, I'm over it (grin).

1 Comments:

  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger The Bean said…

    Congrats NL - nice to see you so happy about the job.

    And I'm keeping Eddie in my thoughts - don't worry, he'll find you. My cat McKinley says he just needed a vacation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home