niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Egg, meet face.



It's times like this that I'm glad I no longer work in hard news.

I'm not the first to post about this and I won't be the last. I am one of many who is disgusted with the media's treatment of the John Mark Karr story.

Even to a layperson relying solely on media accounts, it was obvious this guy didn't kill JonBenet Ramsey. His story had more holes than a wheel of Swiss cheese. For one thing, he said he picked her up at school the day he killed her. Hello! She was killed on CHRISTMAS DAY! For another, he said it was an accident. How the fuck do you GARROTE someone by accident?

This guy was nothing more than a sicko looking for his 15 minutes of fame. And the media gave him a lot more than that. He's sick, but so are they. And sadly, so are we for continuing to be so fascinated by this story.

Shame on you, John Mark Karr. But shame on you, news media. And shame on us.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger The Bean said…

    I think he had some charges in Thailand and wanted an easy way out of that place fast. What a sicko. And I'm sure there is some kid somewhere buried and mutilated courtesy of the whacko.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home