niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Pokingbrook's Got a Brand New Bag

And it's me!

I didn't know until our annual general meeting of the Pokingbrook Morris Dancers last night that I had been nominated for women's bag. It was actually the only contested race in our annual election of officers. It was between me and Marilee, the incumbent.

I WON!

Now, for the uninitiated, the "bag" in morris refers to (a) the person responsible for the equipment (sticks and hankies we use as props in dancing) and (b) the person who handles the money. In Pokingbrook, we have separate equipment bags for the men's and women's sides, and a single money bag.

So basically this new office means I get to schlep sticks and hankies to practices and gigs. Real glamorous -- not.

BUT ... it means a great deal to me that the team trusts me with any kind of responsibility at all, given that during the Toxic Jock years I avoided it at all costs. I showed up and went through the motions, if I showed up at all.

If any Pokingbrookers are reading this, thank you for the vote of confidence. You are the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home