niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Have yourself a meme-y little Christmas

Found in the Catbox:

Questions filled with the Christmas Spirit

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Jake's eggnog, served hot with whipped egg whites, brandy AND rum!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He used to wrap the small stuff and leave the big/awkwardly sized gifts unwrapped for the "wow" factor when I first saw the tree.

3. Coloured or white lights on tree/house? I don't do lights but if I did, I'd do colored on the tree and a combo on the house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I don't need an excuse to kiss my love.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I don't decorate because I generally celebrate at other people's houses.

6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? NiiceDuude's corn pudding.

7. Favourite holiday memory as a child? Decorating the tree.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I let slip at school that I believed in the Tooth Fairy and my classmates gave me chapter and verse about her, the Easter Bunny and Santa. Bitches. How old was I? Never mind.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve? Not as a rule, but if someone gives me a gift on Christmas Eve, and I won't be seeing them on Christmas Day, of course I open it.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I don't (see question 5).

11. Snow....Love it?...or dread it? Love it, hate driving in it.

12. Can you ice skate? I could last time I tried, which was about 15 years ago, and it's like riding a bicycle, right?

13. Do you remember your favourite gift? Not A gift, but I remember the year I came home from church on Christmas Eve to find packages under the tree. My parents had told me there would be NONE that year because we were broke. There was nothing expensive: a Timex watch, a robe, stuff like that. But I was totally surprised and thrilled that there were any gifts at all. I was 15 or 16.

14. Best Christmas gift you ever gave? Can't remember. Ask the recipient.

15. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Friends and music.

16. What is your favourite Holiday dessert? I've gotta pick ONE? Are you nuts?

17. What is your favourite Holiday tradition? Hot tub at the Wassail.

18. Turkey or ham on Christmas? Turkey of course!

19. Which do you prefer...giving or receiving? Giving.... although receiving don't hardly suck at all.

20. What is your favourite Christmas song? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

21. Candy canes...yuck or yum? Yum!

22. Favourite Christmas movie or TV show? The Grinch and A Christmas Story.

23. Red or green? Yes.

24. Will you be on Santa's Naughty or Nice list? Naughty, I hope. I want to be where my friends are!

Your turn...

1 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger The Bean said…

    1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? I say eggnog, but that's b/c I don't have it all year, so I wonder if I would get sick of it if it was accessible year round?

    2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped of course - half the fun is unwrapping them!

    3. Coloured or white lights on tree/house? I love white but we do colored b/c Christiaan likes colored best.

    4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.

    5. When do you put your decorations up? We didn't decorate this year b/c no one coming to see us and we are going away. I did decorate outside though so no one else would know we are being scrooge like on the decorations.

    6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? As a kid, I used to hate Christmas dinner b/c it was all foods I hated: ham, german potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw. In later years, mom got the hint and made regular potato salad which I do love.

    7. Favourite holiday memory as a child? Dad reading "the night before christmas" every christmas eve

    8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think about 9 or 10, but I hid that I knew until 12.

    9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve? Never, I won't even let parents put the presents under the tree until after I go to bed, even now!

    10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? with ornaments from around the world. Whenever we travel, I always buy an ornament - got two from Paris!

    11. Snow....Love it?...or dread it? Don't really care either way. I grew up never having snow at christmas.

    12. Can you ice skate? nope - weak ankles

    13. Do you remember your favourite gift? diamond earrings and necklace from Christiaan

    14. Best Christmas gift you ever gave? this year to Christiaan - I'll tell you after the holiday

    15. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? spending it with Christiaan, family and friends

    16. What is your favourite Holiday dessert? my mom's snowball cookies - YUM!

    17. What is your favourite Holiday tradition? "night before christmas" story

    18. Turkey or ham on Christmas? used to be ham, this year turkey (thank god!)

    19. Which do you prefer...giving or receiving? Giving.... although it kills me to wait for christmas b/c I'm so excited to give the gift.

    20. What is your favourite Christmas song? "What Child is This?"

    21. Candy canes...yuck or yum? Double yuk!

    22. Favourite Christmas movie or TV show? A Christmas Story and Polar Express

    23. Red or green? Green.

    24. Will you be on Santa's Naughty or Nice list? Nice - I'm always too nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home