niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cough hack blow sniff achoo!

commoncold

And what did you get for Christmas, NiiceLaady?

Well, let's see ... Secret Santa #1 gave me an excellent CD and a lovely bookmark. Secret Santa #2 gave me nice warm gloves. NiiceDuude gave me a Borders gift card. NiiceDuudette #1 gave me athlete's foot (see below). And Santa must be losing his hearing, because instead of bringing this naughty girl coal, he brought me a COLD.

I know I'm being a big baby. It's just a cold. It's not cancer, diabetes or anything permanently disabling or life-threatening. But it's no fun being the Snot Farm That Walks Like a Woman. And I have yet to find an OTC cold remedy that works for me. Latest experiment: Eckerd's equivalent of Tylenol Severe Cold Multi-Symptom. Drugs consumed. Multiple symptoms still here.

BTW, the photo is of the common cold virus from giantmicrobes.com, where you can buy these cute plush models of assorted germs, bugs and microbes. This is where NiiceDuudette #1 got me athlete's foot. Last year she gave her father yeast and her sister syphilis.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas/Hanukkah/Solstice/Yule/Festivus/Whatever. And I hope to recover in time to celebrate the New Year.

Virtual hugs to all, because you don't want real ones from me right now!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger The Bean said…

    I hope you feel better soon, especially with New Year's coming up!

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger niicelaady said…

    Thanks, RF. I am feeling a wee bit better, but now NiiceDuude has it. Grrr....

    Happy *cough hack spew achoo* new year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home