niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Fireworks, food, friends ...

... not necessarily in that order. It doesn't get any better than this! Well, OK, it does, but there's another F word involved! ;-)

Another Mechanicville Family Day with its kickass fireworks, my annual bloomin' onion fix, and the fine company of FBF, JB, Mrs. JB, FE, the Trio, and sister and brother-in-law of Trio Dude. Good times, good times.

June C. asked why I don't do bloomin' onions more than once a year. I explained that most of the time when I go to these types of events, there's morris dancing and a pub stop involved, and pub food trumps fair food.

Anyway, this all took place after watching FBF bang the drums (not slowly) with two bands (Dixieland and swing) at the first annual Adirondack School cardboard boat races. Who'd have thought cardboard could stay afloat that long? I wanna build one next year!

The swing band is playing at another festival next weekend, and I agreed to play later in the day. Time to dust off the old ax and actually practice some songs.

Anyone who is reading this, please send some good thoughts (or prayers if you are so inclined) in the direction of June C., who lost a dear old friend this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home