niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

An actual post -- yaaay!

Power went out here from 7 last night until 10 a.m. today and I was in computer withdrawal. But it's back, it's a beautiful day, heat wave is over and even though I have to work tonight, it's four hours before I have to think about it.

I am still trying to make peace with the news that Toxic Jock and That Woman are back together. It's not jealousy, really, because the last thing I want is to be his girlfriend. I've GOT a guy who puts TJ to shame. As I explained at length to June C. and briefly to JB, I guess I'm waiting for my happy ending ... some acknowledgment that I don't deserve all the crap I went through for 18 solid months over him: the tears, the moods, the craniorectal disease that effed up every other aspect of my life. I want that suffering to have some meaning. Billy, if you're reading this, have a barf bag handy, because you hate this expression: I don't want all that suffering to have been in vain.

And something good did come out of it, because I met June C., the Antidepressant That Walks Like a Woman. Still, I harbor this little dream that someday TJ will send a good thought and maybe even an apology my way. OK, who turned on the Aerosmith?

In spite of it all, too, I still worry about TW and hope she doesn't get her heart broken again. If it does, I'll be there to help her pick up the pieces if she asks. Even though -- say it, June! -- she's a bitch and they deserve each other.

In other news: Enjoyed Old Songs despite the crushing heat, the having to work Friday and Saturday and the lack of time with my sweetie. Met some more crazy Massachusetts people, saw all the usual suspects, had a great time at the Saturday night Comforts sing, didn't kill myself morris dancing Sunday. Bailed on work Monday due to sleep deprivation and depleted energy reserves from the heat. I'm feeling much better now!

So ... I can continue to post random thoughts or I can take advantage of the cool weather and the daylight and the free time to get some work done around here. This room is getting scary again.

I'll post again soon. Y'all come back now, y'hear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home