niicelaady

To paraphrase the Capital One commercial: What's in YOUR head? What's in mine is here: always personal, occasionally political, sometimes a rant on language or pop culture, or a heads-up on an interesting link I've found. I hope that all my friends will visit and comment and gain some insights into the workings of my twisted little mind.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

People who order banana splits at 10:30 p.m. should be shot!

Don't they realize we want to get our shit done ahead of time so we won't be there playing catch-up for an hour after we close the freakin' store?

OK, so tonight's Banana Split Boy wasn't as bad as the woman who came in last summer and ordered THREE of them at 10 MINUTES BEFORE CLOSING TIME. (I forgave her because one of them was for her pregnant sister. Cravings, you know?) And Julie and I still got out at 11:37, and I don't have to get up early tomorrow -- which is actually today.

As 3-11 shifts go this one wasn't bad. No influx of Boy Scouts or Little Leaguers all wanting ice cream at once. And time passed faster than it usually does. And the rest of the weekend consists of a pair of painless four-hour shifts.

Close eyes ... square breathing ... repeat mantra: It's just for the summer, it's just for the summer ...

Besides, I just paid a bunch of bills and actually have $202 left over! How cool is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home